Leah and her partner, Jess, are a young family who were renovating their home in Telarah, Maitland. Initially, the pair were after two new air conditioning units. However, whilst team member Nathan was on site, he found the electrical board needed desperate attending to. Many of the homes you find in the Maitland region are old houses being renovated. But while undergoing surface renovations, the electricals are often forgotten about.
Founder and Director Rowan, attended to Leah and Jess’ home to inspect their electrical wiring, only to find that their switchboard was in dire need of an upgrade. Rowan also discovered that the house needed the overhead mains relocated and replaced to comply with current standards.
Upon further inspection of the house, we also discovered that the original part of the house, still had VIR (Vulcanised Indian Rubber) wiring. This could have been installed anytime from 1910 to 1950. Old electrical wiring can be extremely dangerous. Older cables are more prone to damage as they wear down over time. The NSW Fire and Rescue department state that over 40% of house fires are caused by old and faulty electrical wiring.
Our team ended up doing a complete overhaul on the electrical rewiring of the entire house. We saw the perfect opportunity to upgrade the power points and switches to the Clipsal Iconic Range while completing the rewiring.
Following that, we installed new LED downlights, ceiling fans, smoke alarms, and completed a full kitchen and bathroom electrical renovation.
We also provided Leah and Jess with their original request for two air conditioners.
We ran dedicated electrical circuits and installed isolators to the existing air conditioning units they already had. Unfortunately, the original installer was lacking and incorrectly installed, so we ensured we fixed this to comply with the Australian & Manufacturing Standards.
Three existing air conditioning units underwent a complete hydro clean and we supplied and installed two new Hitachi S Series split systems in the kitchen/dining area and the rear bedroom.
The greatest benefit for Leah and her family, and ourselves; was seeing a greater level of electrical safety in their home. Especially for their daughter, Mave.
We completed this project in 2021, and the family were extremely satisfied with the services we provided.
Leah says, “we wouldn’t use anyone else. They have done such a great job at our place; we love everything and there isn’t anything we’d change.”
“They are just such great guys! We had our kitchen and bathroom renovated, and the team rewired our entire house and installed new air conditioning. We changed our minds a lot and wanted extra stuff done and there were never any complaints.”
At Maitland Air & Electrical, we are proud to provide outstanding customer service, and our high-quality range that we offer.
“We would definitely recommend. They are reliable, hardworking, friendly, and they do a fantastic job!”
Choose Maitland Air & Electrical. We’ll get it done right. Contact us today!